Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ouch

Yesterday I went to the dentist to have  filling done.  At 4 am I came awake with throbbing pain in the same filling.  I called the dentist, they said to come in, and the next thing I knew I was getting a root canal.  It did not go well.

The first three shots didn't deaden it.  Neither did the second three.  Finally they gave me three more.  Surgical grade, the dentist said.  Still didn't work.

Finally, he told me he'd have to drill into the nerve.  It would be painful, he said.  The idea was to drill into the nerve and shoot some deadening stuff in there.  He said it would be painful..  It was.

So after all this was over, I was supposed to get antibiotics and pain meds.  Someone forget to call in the pain meds.  As i was seriously hurting, I called the dentist emergency number.  End result, I have antibiotics and pain meds.  Feel slightly drunk and hoping I get some sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Anthony Hopper said...

I'm not a fan of dentists...I can empathize with you.