Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday and Other Random Musings

On Facebook, someone started this thing called Throwback Thursday.  The idea is to post an old picture with the hashtag #TBT.

I enjoy seeing the pictures and it's so funny trying to find one to post.  Back in the days of film cameras, we'd have to pay to have photos printed.  Of course those things pile up and no matter how you intend to get them into albums, most times they never make it.  When my mom passed, all of we kids got tons of photos to go through.

It's interesting what I find when I start searching for a photo.  (No, I'm not going to post old photos here.  It's hard enough to find them for Facebook!)

I've found pictures of me with blond hair, brown hair, red hair, curly hair, short hair, long hair.  Pics of me skinny, skinny and young, young. Pictures where I didn't look so skinny, though I always was thinner than I am now.  Sigh.  One of the "benefits" of growing older.

I saw my mom in a lot of pictures.  When she was fat and sassy, before cancer robbed her of so much.  And my husband, also younger, looking dashing.  Oh, and my daughter, who also had blond, blond hair and looked totally different than she does now.

Of course, there were the various beloved dogs, many of them passed to the Rainbow Bridge.  Mandy and Cody, Skipper, and Daisy.  I miss them all.  And my Mitchell, who is now 13, much younger with a darker coat.  Of course the Boxers too.

The past is fun to look at.  Maybe one day I'll do a blog post with pics from various times in my life.  Nah, probably not.  Too much work to dig them out.

No comments: