Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Almost There

It has been a hectic 6 days since I last posted.  My wonderful editor emailed me and asked me to send her whatever chapters I have completed on Shade of the Wolf.  Since my method is to finish the book and then go back and edit the chapters and I wasn't done, I panicked.  The first day I sent her the first four chapters, edited by me.  Each day I'd send her 3-4 chapters as I went through and edited them.  I had two left on Friday, one of which (Chapter 19) wasn't finished.  Yes, I still had to write The End.

This past weekend, I finished editing Chapter 18 and sent it to her on Monday.  Monday morning, I had to help my daughter move into her new classroom in her new school in her new district.  After all the boxes were in the room, I started unpacking.  Then I saw an email from my editor asking for the end of the book!

Yikes!  I rushed home, sat down, and started writing.  Luckily, I knew the ending.  I just had to put the words on paper (and chose the right words!)  In one afternoon, I wrote nearly 3000 words, emailing it to my editor right around 4pm my time (5 hers).

She edited it right then and there, put it in the system, and emailed me the line edits today.  I have 2 days to do them, but they're light.  Thank goodness.

So that's what I'm working on now.  On a side note, I really like this book!  It's different and my editor said the twist surprised even her - and she said she didn't surprise easily these day!  She also said it was a powerful and emotional story!  Yay!

Anyway, I must get back to it.  After the AA's are done, I have to get really busy on the next revisions.
No rest for the wicked, apparently!

No comments: